Silk shawls and Wraps are what women dream of and they are a major part of a woman’s wardrobe. There are many advantages of silk that make it so treasured for clothing and accessories amongst its other uses. Silk glides over your skin, is not itchy even on the most super sensitive skin, has the most divine feel and shine and women love that for their evening dresses and shawls. Men too tend to gravitate to buying silk clothing and accessories for themselves for year round wear and often buy silk accessories as gifts for women as it is sure to be appreciated.
Silk shawls manufactured today come mainly from China and India. Silk shawls are manufactured from the mulberry silk moth. Pure natural silk comes from the silkworm cocoon through a process called Sericulture. Silk used to be a highly coveted luxury fiber mainly reserved for the emperors of China. Later its use spread geographically and socially and now silk has a thriving worldwide demand and continuing supply from China, India, Korea and Thailand. Women love silk for their clothing and accessories. It is still treated as a luxury fabric as it has many inherent good properties.
Advantages of Silk Shawls and Wraps:
- Silk is very breathable keeps you cool on hot days hence silk shawls and wraps are popular in summer.
- It has moisture wicking properties keeping you dry and comfy in any weather
- It is hypoallergenic and will not irritate sensitive skin
- Lightweight soft with a great drape for scarves shawls and wraps
- Silk has a natural luster so perfect for dressy evening shawls with a good sheen
- Static free, cling free and crease free
- Naturally elastic and can stretch 20% without tearing
- Repels mold and mildew great for clothing/accessories storage
- Regulates body temperature and preserves body heat in cold too hence great for year round wear.